Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jealous Love

Hosea. The story of a man trusting God. The story of an undeserving woman receiving unconditional love.


This story is powerful and an amazing example of God's love. Hosea married his wife, a prostitute... And he loved her. Even though she left him numerous times to return to her old life... He never held her sins against  her. Even though he suffered he had a forgiving love that would not give up!

How perfect of an illustration of us and our loving Father! Gods love is so strong for us that even if the mistakes we have made or are making are painful for him... He is always holding his arms wide open patiently waiting for us to run to him with naked abandonment!

God desires us, just as Hosea desired his wife...a jealous, raw, no comparison kind of love! The question to ask is... "I'm I allowing  God's love to penetrate my every thought? My every action?"  

I am remind of the words to a worship song... #myfave... I am a tree bending beneath the weight of his love and mercy!  How far are you bending?

No comments:

Post a Comment