Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thoughts, Mouth, Life

You know those days...  Where every thought is how someone forgot this, or didn't do that... Or didn't clean this or pick up after that...  Those thoughts running/sprinting around in my head affect my mood and without fail eventually come out of my mouth.  Jesus said, “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.” It’s just true. Good or Bad, sometimes very bad... Understanding this, I don’t want negative, ungrateful, disrespectful,mean or hurtful words building up inside me and spilling out!!   If I think it, it becomes a part of my heart, which becomes what I say, which becomes what my husband, kids, friends and coworkers hear. If our thoughts line up with God's word, then our words will spill out blessings and honor to our Lord, and in turn our husband, children, friends, coworkers.... What thoughts do you (or can/should you) CHOOSE to think upon so that your mouth will honor God and build up your family?  Proverb 15:15  All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment