Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LOVE

Love- Such a vast word, we use it almost too frequently. I was writing a text to my mom this morning and saying how much I love the earings she got me, then in the next sentance I wrote, I love you. And I paused for a moment...I used the word Love twice, once talking about a thing and then the next talking about my feelings for my mom.  It just didn't feel adequate enough!!

But we do this constantly, and I think the meaning for the word gets lost along the way. Love such an amazing word, such a deep word. I think we almost shrug it off sometimes, or say it with out the feeling behind it.
And I think the love that gets the most screwed up is the Love that Jesus has for us. I don't think we comprehend that love enough. Because if we did we would realize that nothing else matters!

John 15:9- "As the Father has loved Me, so I have loved you. Now remain in my love."

Wow, as the Father loved Jesus- Can you even imagine that love? It gives me a warm fuzzing feeling just thinking about the love God has for his Son. And that is how Jesus feels about me! Whoa, thats intense! Its a love nothing can break, its a love that is self sacrificing, patient, kind, enduring....God's love for his Son is a perfect LOVE! And this is how Jesus feels about you and me...what a humbling thought, what an amazing feeling.

My prayer today is that you would know the LOVE God has for you. That it would not be something you hear and shrug off, that you would feel the instanceness of his Love.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
-Ephesians 3:16-19

1 comment: